Monday, March 30, 2009

Current Financial Priorities

I'm in the trenches of unemployment. My only income for the last month has come from a small handful of published stories and restaurant reviews. Otherwise, I'm living on piddly savings and the kindness of friends who give me food.

But I know a job is just around the corner. I'm not using this as my personal pity-party venting mechanism. What I will whine about, however, is that there are several albums that I desperately want to buy but cannot afford at the moment. I decided after SXSW that I want to support the artists I love, so I'm going to purchase albums. For now, anyway.

Here's my wish list:
  • Bishop Allen - Grrr (Dumb title but I love them and want to give this new album an unbiased shot.)
  • M. Ward - Hold Time
  • Neko Case - Middle Cyclone (This one can be streamed online at NPR.org, and I've listened to it a few times. It's so beautiful that I want to own it.)
  • Balmorhea - All is Wild, All is Silent
  • The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love (They played the new album in its entirety at an official SXSW showcase, which was also streamed on NPR. I've listened to it, but this concept album demands more of my time.)
  • The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
  • Emmy the Great - First Love
  • Hey Marseilles - To Travels & Trunks

1 comment:

SavannahRed said...

I just bought M. Ward's Noble Beast. :) I have a discount.