Monday, June 4, 2012

Clarifications

Before I write about today's culinary adventure, I thought I clarify a few things:

1. I'm not a good photographer.
I know everyone but me has an Instagram account, and that means people can make their photos look professional just by making them grainy. But let's face it - they're just kidding themselves. They're as bad as I am. The difference is that I don't have a smart phone. Instead, I'm borrowing a fancy camera from a friend (who actually is a professional), and I'm terrible at using it. But, hey, this is just a little experiment while I'm funemployed, so I don't really care if the photos are professional looking.

2. Why am I doing this exactly?
Because I really like cooking with garden-fresh vegetables. For the past four years, I've been experimenting with garden veggies that friends gave me. This year, I got lots of kale, and I used it in everything from quiche to baked ziti to cole slaw with tamari dressing. Then in April, I took a crappy photo of the breakfast tomatoes (made with kale) and put it on Facebook. People liked it, so I thought I'd keep making updates. I really enjoy cooking and talking about food, and if I can encourage people to eat locally and seasonally, all the better. 


3. Why didn't I create a new cooking blog?
In short, because I'm lazy. This little blog was a place for my snarky rants for a few years, then I abandoned it for grad school. I didn't want to bother with a new account, and everyone has a Tumblr, so I thought I'd be "old school" and go back to Blogspot. Google already knows everything about me anyway, so they might as well know what I'm eating, too.

No comments: